Sunday 13 September 2015

Video - Thing 9

For this Thing, I produced a very short screencast of how to add a couple of feeds into your feedly app. Why? Well it was something short and sweet and it was something I knew how to do.

I downloaded the Screen-o-matic screen recorder, which I found problematic. I think this was down to my impatience rather than anything to do with screen-o-matic. After a few false starts, I came up with the following:



I didn't upload it to Youtube as I don't really want to have anything up on youtube. If I use this option in work, then it will appear on the youtube account in work.

So how did I find it?

I found the whole process encouraging. I always thought this was something that other people did, but hey! I produced something.  It's not perfect by any stretch but it's something. I haven't added subtitles to the video but I would need to to make it properly accessible. I'm surprised at myself as adding the subtitles would mean that I wouldn't have to record my voice but I went for the voice option.

Once downloaded, it was relatively easy to create a screencast and presumably to use this to create online tutorials on how to access and make use of the library facilities and resources. This is one practical element of Rudai 23 that I can see me taking back to the workplace.

No comments:

Post a Comment