Sunday 9 August 2015

Reflection on Thing 5

Thing 5 wasn't such a hard task to complete - which is good as I was falling a bit behind.

As with many tools and platforms, I don't explore everything and will often only find out about functionality when I try to get said tool to do something. This is the case with both Facebook and Twitter. However Thing 5 highlighted the groups and pages option on Facebook, and the lists or chats on Twitter.

I've started to gather a small number of groups/pages for Facebook - only a small number to begin with to see how it affects my feed. I've already mentioned in my post for Thing 5 that I found it difficult to find lists that I wanted to subscribe to in Twitter so I'm waiting for someone to tell me how to do this easily. I'm also not great at chats on Twitter; mainly because I forget the time of the chat or am involved with something else at that precise moment in time.  I never go back to look at the hashtag of the chat but this is something I could try and do. Also it looks likely that a Rudai23 twitter chat will happen in the near future so that will definitely have to go into the diary.

I also had a look at the Rudai23 pinterest page for Thing 5. Lots of useful things here. The one I found most telling was the UKEdChat session 263 on the power of twitter for developing teaching practice. The point that stuck with me was 'think before you tweet' - wise words because once it's out there, there's no taking it back!

Now moving onto Thing 6 which ironically is about reflection.

Best wishes,
A.

No comments:

Post a Comment