Thursday 6 August 2015

Reflection on Thing 4

www.unsplash.com / Luis Llerena
I've had a bit of think over the past couple of days about Thing 4 and how I found it. And to be honest I found it to be one of the easier Things to do so far.

For a start I already had a gmail account and a Google+ account so it wasn't a huge step to brush up on the settings and profile. I've joined a number of communities and tried to set up some circles. So I've hit a bit of writer's block about how to reflect on this (hence the blank page above). Thanks to Niamh and Stephanie for pointing me in the direction of images that can be used.

As I mentioned in the post about Thing 4, not alot of my friends use Google+or gmail so it may eventually be something that becomes more of a professional tool rather than using my personal email. I haven't tried hangouts nor have I posted anything so my work isn't completely finished here .... yet.

One thing that does strike me is that even though I'm only at Thing 4, I seemed to have gathered up a number of social media accounts:

  • Blog
  • Linked In
  • Google+

It might not seem like much and I already had a Linked In and Google+ account so it isn't the fault of Rudai23 but given that there are many more Things to come, I can only imagine how many I'll have at the end of the course. I already have a facebook and twitter account and I've just signed into pinterest so for someone who is a bit nervous around social media, I already feel a bit over-exposed. I just wonder at the end of the course, will I be able to manage so many profiles or will Rudai23 point me in the general direction of a handy tool to manage everything at once?

Best wishes,
A

No comments:

Post a Comment