Tuesday 27 October 2015

Making it all work together - Thing 23

The Last Thing....

How to make it work together. To keep track of everything we've signed up for, and to make it easier to engage and contribute to the discussion.

I was most interested about Hootsuite and about Buffer. I've heard about Hootsuite, though I think they use Tweetdeck in work as a way of keeping on top of the twitter account. But I haven't used either. Having the one twitter account means that it is fairly easy to keep on top of it. However that account combined with all the others and soon, I'm buried under an avalanche of social media.

I signed up with my twitter account to Hootsuite which was quite straight forward. I also added my feed and my mentions as separate streams. And those of you who have checked twitter recently (in the last 15 minutes) will have seen my post via Hootsuite.

All good so far. I did try to add a link to my blog post as normal but that didn't quite work. It's more likely my problem than Hootsuite not doing what it's supposed to. As I have taken on the responsibility of Candidate Support Officer for CILIP Ireland, I am toying with the idea of a twitter account. Hootsuite would be a fantastic way to keep a track of both it and my personal account.

I have just had a look at Buffer and hope that my first scheduled tweet will come through at 11.45am. Fingers crossed. Both Hootsuite and Buffer allow for scheduling of tweets so I think I'd be better concentrating on one social media management tool.

Update: the first scheduled tweet didn't happen. Maybe it will randomly appear tomorrow at 11.45am.

No comments:

Post a Comment